A Writer’s Journey… I’m almost done with my Scent of a Husband novel. Yesterday I did research by going to a hospital. I had a few what if questions so I could get some facts right. I also wanted clarification on what hospital volunteers do and why they volunteer.
First people volunteer for various reasons:
1. They want to work in the medical field.
2. Retired or Widowed and looking for something meaningful.
3. They received invaluable support while a love one was in the hospital.
4. They themselves were patients and appreciated the comfort tthey were given.
5. They want to give back to the community.
I interviewed the President of the Hospital Auxiliary of Volunteers. After speaking with this gentleman, who willingly gave his time, I am now thinking I’d like to someday volunteer my time.
“I, Diana Lynn, believe that everyone deserves a rainbow and I inspire women to discover who they are.”